The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is one of the finest Android devices on the market today. It comes packed with features like NFC, WiFi Direct, S Pen, and a stunning 8MP camera. The massive 5.5″ “phablet” is on the bigger side measuring in at 151.1 x 80.5 x 9.4 mm. Adding a full protective case to your Note 2 is a very smart investment, but may add some extreme excessive bulk along the way. Cases like the Otterbox Defender and Seidio Active are great cases, but will require you to lug it around in a man purse. If your not (or ever will be) ready for a man purse, a slim case is just what you need. Here are my 4 favorite slim cases for the new Galaxy Note 2 from Samsung. Enjoy!
1. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rearth Ringke SLIM Case: Premium LF Non-Glossy coating with a light feeling texture. Super-slim design and perfect fit that adds minimal bulk to your phone. Perfect natural grip design by Rearth’s efficiency engineering. New enhanced “Dual Coating Technology” for 2x longer lasting durability. $11 @Amazon
2. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Bear Motion Case: This cool case from Bear Motion features an awesome textured grip with a sandpaper feel, which offers great grip. The case covers the backside but does leave the top and bottom exposed. For those who want minimal protection with style, this case is for you. $10 @Amazon
3. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Elago G6 Slim Fit Case: This new slim case from elago features a hard-shell construction with a smooth finish. The ultra slim fit style will not add any extra bulk to your Galaxy Note 2. The case is also very lightweight and gives you access to all ports and buttons. Only $11 @Amazon
4. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Frosted Smoke Tint Matte Case: This ultra-slim case from wireless accessories is a perfect match for the titanium colored Note 2. At only .7mm thick it hugs the Note 2 perfectly. Matte texture offers great grip and will protect against dings and scratches. This case is only $12 on eBay from seller : NakedCellPhone…awesome case for the note 2 (titanium color).
It’s here. Google Maps is back on iOS. Since the release of iOS 6, Google Maps has not been on any iOS devices, and Apple’s in-house solution was less than stellar. Google has not only replaced the missing functionality that was in iOS 5, but it has also brought along with many oft-requested features such as voice-guided turn-by-turn directions bringing greater parity between Google Maps for iOS and Google Maps for Android. Has Google outdone itself with this app, or does Apple Maps reign Supreme? Read on to find out.
The newest Bond phone returns with the Xperia T, TX, and TL. Each phone offers something different, but at the end of the day the TX takes the prize thanks to the Arc design and removable battery. The TX features a stunning 4.55″ display, NFC, 13MP camera, and ICS 4.0. For those Android users tired of a boring black slab phone, the new curved body simply makes the TX the best looking phone on the market. Enjoy the video review below!
Dimensions 131 x 68.6 x 8.6 mm
Weight 127 g
DISPLAY Size 720 x 1280 pixels, 4.55 inches (~323 ppi pixel density)
Card slot MicroSD, up to 32 GB
Internal Memory 16 GB, 1 GB RAM
Back Camera 13 MP, 4128×3096 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
Camera Features Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, 3D sweep
Two of the big boys for Samsung square off “mano a mano” in this epic Android battle. The newer Galaxy Note 2 features a bigger 5.5″ display, quad-core chip, and the mighty S Pen. The GS3 gives you a lovely and pocket friendly 4.8″ SAMOLED screen, dual-core chip, and as well as a higher resolution screen. Some may find the GN2 just too much for their skinny jeans, while others just can’t put it down. Which Samsung device is right for you? Find out here on the GazelleLab. Enjoy!
Apple vs. Samsung…iOS 6 vs Jellybean 4.1…Apple vs. Google …all on tap here on the Gazellelab with this latest battle. The older Galaxy Nexus looks to take on the more powerful and newer iPhone 5 from Apple. The Nexus delivers a pure Google experience with JellyBean 4.1, 5MP camera, and dual-core chip. While the A6 powered, triple-core gpu, power packed iPhone will give you a new aluminum body and stunning 8MP camera. Is the GNEX just too old to compete with the likes of the newest iPhone? Find out here on the Gazellelab. Enjoy!
The 2 most popular phones on the planet square off in this epic GazelleLab battle. Is the new iPhone 5 better than it’s rival the Galaxy S3? The Galaxy S3 with it’s 4.8″ screen still dwarfs the 4″ screen of the latest all aluminum iPhone 5. When it comes to speed the iPhone 5 may have an upper hand with it’s A6 dual-core chip and iOS 6, but the GS3 is no slouch either. Also on board are two of the best 8MP camera phones on the market with stellar panorama modes as well. When it comes to GPS and mapping, iOS is just one big mess. Apple is in desperate need of getting GMaps back on board with iOS 6. Google maps on the GS3 will make sure you find your way home after a long night on the town. At the end of the day these phones are just too close to call. They both feature all the bells and whistles with both attractive styling and solid hardware. The main decision will come down to one factor…iOS vs. Android. You decide! Enjoy!
Now that you have your new shiny iPhone 5 in hand, it is time to protect that bad boy from scratches, dents and dings. With the latest iPhone from Apple sporting a new ultra-thin build (7.6mm thin) and larger 4-inch glass, accidents are bound to happen. Many say a case may take away from the beauty of the product, or hinder the design. I say a small investment in a case is definitely worth it after dishing out over $650 for this baby. A case will also help you out financially when you upgrade next year to the 5s or 6. Your phone will be worth more when in better condition come trade-in time on Gazelle next year. Anyway, without further ado…my top 5 cases for the iPhone 5 are below. Enjoy!
1. Protection Freak- Prone to drops and breaks? Protect it the max with the OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPhone 5 – $50 @Amazon
2. Simple Cover Up- Need a simple case for scratches and scuffs? Pop on the Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case from Diztronic – $11.90 @Amazon
3. Sleek & Compact- Don’t want to bulk up the sexy thinness of the iPhone 5? The new Grip Candy Sheer Casesfrom Belkin are for you – $25 @Amazon
4. Metallic Taste- Bring even more metal to the back of your new aluminum phone. The Case-Mate hard shell is just pure class – $35 @BestBuy
5. Keep it Light- Add some durable and sexy carbon fiber to protect that shiny backside. Cygnett UrbanShield for iPhone 5 – $30 @Cygentt
Hope you enjoyed my selection of cases for the iPhone 5. We can expect many more cases to pop up over the next few months as manufactures are rushing to flood the market for the new device. For all those concerned about covering the screen, make sure to add a screen protector as well for added comfort. I like the new protectors from Spigen who also make great cases too. Spigen SGP iPhone 5 Screen Protector 2 pack- $14 @Amazon
My new favorite device is non other than the hot selling Galaxy S III from Samsung. This sexy powerhouse has every feature you could ask for (minus TouchWiz), and features one of the best screens in the industry. When carrying around a $600 mini computer in your pocket you want to make sure it stays safe just in case it takes an unexpected fall. I have never been one for cases since I feel the bulkiness and design just takes away from the natural beauty of the device. However the cases I just reviewed offer protection as well as a slim sexy look to them. Check out the videos below on some of my favorite slim and sexy cases for the the new Galaxy S3. Enjoy!
The top 2 devices on the planet battle it out in the lab today to determine which phone is king. Can the outed 4S stand a chance against the more powerful S3? With both devices rocking magnificient displays, dual-core processors, and 8MP cameras, this is set to be one big showdown. S-Voice vs Siri…Samsung vs. Apple…iOS vs. Android… Enjoy the video review below!